Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering September 11, 2001 - A day that we all changed

September 11, 2001 changed us all.

My mom woke me up & told me that somebody had bombed the WTC & the Pentagon. I remember how in shock I was that morning. I remember watching the second plane hit the WTC. I couldn't stop staring at the TV that whole day. I don't even recall leaving to go to the bathroom.

I remember how panicked everybody was. The news media was reporting that the State Department & the Sears Towers were also victims of explosions. The information was so slow to come out. So much was inaccurate.

We were all afraid. We knew that we had been attacked. We were afraid that there were more planes with terrorists on them. The FAA grounded every plane in America. I remember how angry I was that day. I remember how afraid I was. I remember how much I wanted vengeance. That day hurt really bad. It was an unexpected punch right in the gut.

It has been 7 years since that fateful morning. We should never forget how we felt. We must always remember. http://www.september-11th.us/First-Moments.html








No comments:

Post a Comment